Thoguh I would post a link / embeded video of one of the craziest things I have ever seen online. An altime favoirte. These guys are truly on the edge. Enjoy the video. It really is a rush.
wingsuit base jumping from Ali on Vimeo.
1st song: Contact - Violence
2nd: Diz Organ & Sackcloth Fashion - Under Man
no green/blue screen in this video
This is a great infographic on Small Business Cloud Applications. There are many more not listed including one of my favorites, www.box.net. But it has some of the core applications. Also for a little larger (>10 ee's) be sure to check out Microsoft Online.
The Small Business Journey to the Cloud -- a Formstack infographic
Though I would share an article from Saturday's Seattle Sounders vs. Portland Timbers Soccer match. The ECS - Emerald City Supporters put on an amazing, huge, impressive display at the start of the game. I am proud to say I was at the game and somewhere under the display holding up the blue banner first one on the right of the middle.
Here is a link to the article in the Seattle Times.
Check-out the Video. We were in the Marcus blue area to the right.
And another from a different vantage point. The crowd was really into it! Wow!
Demo - THIS MONTH IS ON WEDNESDAY!
DATE: April 13, 2011
TIME: 5 to 7 PM
LOCATION: In Harmony Sustainable Landscapes -
23622 Bothell/Everett Highway, Bothell, WA 98021
In Harmony is a sustainable landscape company serving the Puget Sound region. They provide design, installation and care of landscapes that are healthy for people, pets and the environment.
In Harmony's Mission:
"Our goal is to inspire people to change the way they garden for the health of the planet as well their families and pets. This is founded on the belief that we are all stewards of the planet and have a shared responsibility for its care. Education is key to effecting this change. In Harmony is committed to educating the public and our customers about sustainable approaches in landscapes and the environmental and human impacts of such practices. We strive to be a vital influence in promoting practices that will help protect our environment for future generations."
Eastside Green Drinks - Web Site and E-Mail Sponsor:
Green Benefits has been in the business of offering green and eco-apparel options since 2007. Over the years we have found there is a lot to know about sustainability and the details can lead to a great deal of confusion. Many people who oppose using eco-apparel often believe that eco-apparel is 1) expensive and 2) lesser quality. Neither are generally true and often eco-apparel feels better than traditionally manufactured virgin materials . Eco-apparel makes good sense and is economically affordable as well.
As a refresher, here is a short list of eco-friendly textiles entering the eco-apparel marketplace, you’ll find it helpful to brush up on some “green” options:
- Organic fabricsuse no pesticides, herbicides or insecticides during the growing cycle. This is one of the easiest places to start with a marginally higher cost, the imprint options on organic eco-apparel are often softer and more comfortable than traditional cotton material.
- Soy silk uses liquefied proteins (a by-product of making tofu) forced into fibers which are then spun.
- Ingeo corn fiber is created by extracting starch and then sugars from corn, and processing them into a form which can be spun into a yarn or woven into fabric.
- Fortrel EcoSpun polyester is made out of recycled plastic bottlesand is frequently used for fleece.
- Biodegradable fabric has the ability to naturally break down and return to raw material or to be absorbed by the earth. The Federal Trade Commission guidelines say only products that contain materials which “break down and decompose into elements found in nature within a reasonably short amount of time when they are exposed to air, moisture and bacteria or other organisms” should be labeled biodegradable.
- Natural bleaching means that hydrogen peroxide was used to whiten fibers, rather than a chemical such as chlorine.
- Bamboo fabric is made from the cellulose fibers of the plant. It’s naturally antibacterial and 100% biodegradable and sustainable.
Green Benefits offers many of these eco-apparel options and is happy to source anything that you don’t find on our web site. We specialize in sourcing eco-apparel and other eco-friendly products. Please review our eco apparel where you will find: custom print eco-apparel organic t-shirts, Recycled Polyester Polo’s and much more.