I am proud to announce that after several months of development efforts, Bikefit.com is now live with their new ecommerce web site. Through extensive effort by all parties involved in the development process we have enabled some great functionality that is streamlining their operations and enabling a strong connection with their core distributors and suppliers.
Some of the functionality in Bikefit.com includes:
- A Google Map – Dealer Locator – enabling customers to find their closes professional bike fitter from over 250+ dealers / distributors and pro trained fitters
- Complete ecommerce with real time shipping rates and calculations from FedEx and USPS
- Dealer and Distributor purchasing. Once registered, a distributor or wholesale customer is able to see specific products, and pricing and complete orders online. A sophisticated MS SQL database back-end enables this functionality.
- Web to Accounting & Warehouse shipping integration. Bike Fit’s web site is connected in real time to their core accounting systems and warehouse enabling orders to be processed, inventory on the web site to be updated and the order process streamlined.
- Best of class ecommerce functions include: wish list, shopping cart tracking (so once you are logged-in) your cart stays with you regardless of which computer you on. Ability for all customers to track their orders, updte their contact information, billing information and much more!
Please take a few minutes to check-out Bikefit.com and feel free to leave your feedback or comments. Like them on FaceBook and Tweet about them at Twitter.
Check out a few screen shots of the site:
Jing from TechSmith has become a regular tool that I have found very valuable in my daily computing. I though I might share a little bit about the application and some of the many ways it can be used.
Over the past 2 months I have been actively developing an ecommerce site for Bike Fit of Kirkland Washington, the new site is built on ASPDotNetStorefont Mult-Store version. For this project we set-up complete real time shipping calculations, a dealer locator for over 200 BikeFit Fitters / Dealers etc. We further integrated the web site with FedEx Shipping, Stamps.com and QuickBooks for shipping, accounting and inventory management. As you might imagine there are thousands of little decisions to be made that impact, design, functionality and more. On a daily basis I found myself using Jing to capture screen shots, and share them with the different stakeholders.
The great thing about Jing, is that it is always active and available. Simply click on the Jing Sun at the top of your desktop screen and capture the portions that you wish to share. It is a couple of quick clicks and you can save the graphic like the picture on the right, or simply get an abbreviated link that his published to Jing’s severs for sharing as a simple link, like this, “http://screencast.com/t/JJhcVDYQ1”
Some of the valuable features include: 1) easy quick screen capture (video too!) 2) Easy annotation / markup. Put notes, comments, highlights quickly on any screen capture 3) Save the image on your PC 4) option to share the graphic with a short link. Last, the basic version which works very well, is FREE!
If you find yourself struggling to explain what is on your screen to someone over the phone or via. IM and are not in a position to ‘share’ your desktop, I highly recommend Jing! It will save time, enable clarity in your communication and solve many of those moments where a quick screen clip will add clarity to your communication.
For a more domestic and low key break from work, we traveled to Walla Walla Valley for three nights of relaxation, wine tasting, golf and pool side enjoyment. The crew included Steve and Arty Bartlett and John and Rebecca Hamlin. After a fun family filled 4th of July in Richland, we continued east to Walla Walla and enjoyed a great 3 days of perfect weather, great wine and sublime golf!
Click on the photo below to see all the photo’s.
4th of July – Photo’s – from the Family 4th of July at Mark and Grace Hendrickson’s Home!
Great times by all . . . amazing fireworks all around. Click on the photo below to see the family 4th of July, 2011.
Anniversary Dinner at Sea Star in Seattle, July 3, 2011!